Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh hey. Awards season.

Hey everyone. I'm currently sitting at home with a fever of 104, so I figure now's a good a time as any for one of my monthly posts.

I just finished up the Expendables, and you know what? It wasn't that bad. I mean, it wasn't that good either, but it wasn't terrible. I really wish Terry Crews and Dolph Lundgren had more screen time, but Stallone and Statham's characters were the main ones so I can kinda see why most of the focus was put on them. Plus, we at least got to see some sweet moves from Jet Li.

This movie's kind of old news at this point, so I'm not sure if I'm really interested in going more in-depth in it, at least for the time being.

Also, there's Oscars this Sunday. Might watch this year for at least the hosts, I like both Hathaway and Franco but I don't know if they have chemistry or not, so it may be interesting to see if they do.

I've only seen four out of the ten or so Best Picture noms, so I don't know if I can give a thorough opinion of it all, but I will say this. Hailee Steinfeld deserves a nom for Best Actress, not just Best Supporting. Yes, even if she has to go up against Natalie Portman. I finally saw True Grit last month, and it was, while not really amazing, pretty good. One of the best things about that movie was her performance, though. So yeah, my hat's in the ring for her to win this year.

Still haven't seen Social Network, but I gotta congratulate Jesse Eisenberg on getting this far. I remember seeing him in Zombieland and thinking he was really funny. A lot of people just thought of him as a Michael Cera clone though. I wonder what they think of him now :)

Alright, after MONTHS of slacking off, I think I may finally be soon able to end this once-a-month bullshit for good. Check back either Wednesday or Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment