Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"It's like they're flying right towards me!"

Looks like Pixar's Up! won't be the only opportunity to wear those super cool RealD 3D glasses once again.

There's been a lot of speculation floating around the blogosphere that the remake of Alfred Hitchcock's classic horror film The Birds might be shot in 3D. All the eye-popping buzz is stemming from an interview that B-movie star Brenna Lee Roth did for MarketSaw 3D recently, where she mentions that and some other news about the cast:

MarketSaw: Back to your career: Personally, I think these two movies are perfect
vehicles for you. Where do you see your roles evolving from here?

BLR: I am in talks with the producer of THE BIRDS (remake) and I talked
to the producer about shooting it in 3D, but I don't really know any more about
it. I like taking roles and working with directors that challenge me. I want to
play roles where girls are powerful, and really stand out.

MarketSaw: THE BIRDS! - I am very interested in the remake! It is rumored that George Clooney and Naomi Watts are attached as well - is that true? Which producer are you dealing with, Michael Bay, Peter Guber, Andrew Form, Bradley Fuller or Cathy Shulman?

BLR: Bay and Fuller. Wow you are smart! I think Clooney and Watts are in it. Should be fun, I hear from the producers that Clooney is a prankster, and well... so am I, so it could be fun.

Hey, this is pretty good, but it's missing something. How about seagulls pecking at your face in 3D?

Seriously though, I'm actually hoping the producer follows through with Roth's request. I know it can be argued with some movies that 3D is just a cheap gimmick (especially in the case of movies like Journey to the Center of the Earth), but it actually seems that this film would benefit from its use. Horror movies are definitely a good genre to use 3D with, and if used effectively this could make the remake slightly more memorable than most remakes.

On one last note, jeez, George Clooney. That guy is becoming the next Samuel L. Jackson. Seriously, he's starring in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment