Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Some Interesting Developments

Hey everybody, it's time to kick off September with some updates on some previous posts.

First thing's first, remember when I was talking about Christopher Nolan's new project Inception?

I had heard that he put it on hold to work on the next Batman movie, but it turns out he was able to finish shooting after all because now we have a teaser! Courtesy of the WB (Sorry guys, I seem to be having a problem embedding Youtube vids right now, so just click here if you want to watch it).

I won't say that this teaser says much more about the movie than we already knew, but I will say that it is incredibly visually impressive. I was hoping for more details to be revealed at Comic Con, but hopefully we'll get some more information on the movie soon.

Also, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World has just wrapped up principal photography!


At this point it's time for the film to go into editing. Wright's photos and video blogs were definitely a lot of fun to follow, and I can't wait to see a teaser or something pop up soon. Click on either Michael, Mary or Ellen up there to see more photos.

Before I go again, allow me to get in a few words about the big Disney/Marvel deal that went down a couple days ago.

Like everyone else has said, I really don't think this will impact any of Marvel's pre-existing comics, movies, or IPs. Judging from everything that's been said, Disney seems pretty cool about honoring all of Marvel's previous contractual obligations, so stuff like Iron Man 2 and the Avengers movie ought to come out just fine. Everyone who is worried about this needs to remember one thing: Disney isn't so much interested in the comics and movies as it is the extremely huge licensing potential. I think some really awesome stuff, in terms of animation and merchandise, could come out of this deal, but I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment