Monday, August 30, 2010

So, 127 Hours Looks Cool

Are you guys familiar with the story of Aron Ralston?

You can click on his name there to hear about the whole story from him, Alex Cohen and Alex Chadwick at NPR, but the long and short of it is this. Aron's a mountain climber who, in May 2003, got his arm caught between a boulder and a rock wall while he was climbing somewhere in Utah. He waited for help for hours, but no one came, and the boulder was too heavy to lift off of himself, so he ended up doing what a lot of people couldn't even imagine doing in a million years. He freed himself by carving off the trapped arm with a dull knife.

I know. Jesus. And he still climbs mountains today.

Of course, it shouldn't surprise anyone that his story would make a great premise for a movie. Luckily, it seems like director Danny Boyle picked up on this:



Here's the trailer for Danny Boyle's newest project, 127 Hours. Trailer courtesy of Filmonic and Fox Searchlight Pictures.

Judging by how the trailer starts out, I kind of worry that this premise will get "hollywooded" up, if you know what I mean. Still, I know that I'm seeing 127 Hours the day it comes out, because it looks really interesting. There's a good premise, good director attached, and I really like James Franco, so, yeah, I think I may give this one a shot. More information as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment