Thursday, March 17, 2011

Aubrey Plaza and Bill Hader in "The Hand Job" (WARNING: kind of NSFW)

OK, so Wednesday's update this week didn't pan out like I thought it would. It was a very busy day, that's all I'm gonna say about it.

This time, though, I have a rather interesting bit of news regarding fans of actress Aubrey Plaza. It turns out she's been cast as the lead in a comedy called "The Hand Job," a sex comedy being scripted and directed by the wife of SNL star Bill Hader, Maggie Carey.

More details about the project are shared in this story written by Ethan Stern of the Onion AV Club:

The film stars Aubrey Plaza as a studious high school valedictorian who decides that she wants to have experiences with boys before she goes off to college, so she makes a bullet list of everything she needs to do—stuff like “hand-job, titty-fuck, blowjob, fingering”—then checks them off one by one.

Starring along with Hader and Plaza are some of the hippest comedians and actors around: Andy Samberg, Donald Glover, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Alia Shawkat,Mae Whitman, Johnny Simmons, Scott Porter, Connie Britton, D.C. Pierson, and Onion News Network writer Dominic Dierkes.


I can't find any information on whether or not a studio has picked this up or greenlit it yet. I'm hopeful, since Hader seems to be pushing for it pretty hard, and if it does get made I'll be pretty excited to see how it turns out. The premise sounds like solid gold to me, and I love Plaza's sort of cynical, deadpan humor. It's also really nice to see a teen sex comedy with a female lead, especially since that's still kind of a rare thing even now.

The rest of that cast is stellar, too. Donald Glover is probably one of the primary reasons I watch Community on NBC right now, and I'm always up for something with Andy Samberg and/or Mae Whitman in it (especially Whitman, who is kind of underrated in my opinion). I'll try and see if I can get more information on this as it develops.

As for a trailer to talk about...better check back either tomorrow or Saturday. I'll try to find something good. Here's hoping next week is a little more on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment